Sunday, April 25, 2010

Prevention is better than a cure? Anti ageing creams...?

I've always been told that prevention is better than a cure. I eat well, I've stopped smoking, I drink lots of water and wear sunscreen on my face in summer (before anyone asks!)





My mum has pretty good skin for her age but I was thinking about replacing my moisturiser with a clinique night moisturiser that incedently has anti aging and firming effects. I used it last night and today my skin feels amazing.





Is it better to start early to prevent wrinkles?? I really want to start using this cream, but i'm worried about the long term effects. I read in the paper once that using them too young can bring on wrinkles instead of prevent them because it stops you producing natural anti oxidents (i think thats right - i'm no scientist!) so you become ';dependent';.





I'm 23Prevention is better than a cure? Anti ageing creams...?
Well I use a good moisturiser and I am doing well, a lot it is down to genetics.





There has been recent study that suggest anti ageing moisturising work (horizon program see below link).





However a good moisturising regime at your age is all you need. Find one that suits your skin and stick to it!Prevention is better than a cure? Anti ageing creams...?
It's never to early to think about your skin! Some people are blessed with genetics but with the UV rays and the way some people live hard we take our face for granted and suddenly we see lines, circles, bags -





Clinique is a great product to use for your face.


Pure and natural and be sure to have a regime -


wash, toner and a day cream


and repeat at night with a night cream-


Another great line for people 15-30 is Intelligence by Arbonne - (I used Clinique in my 20's)


and now I'm hooked on the re9 regime by Arbonne -


it's pure and natural- safe and full of things to help combat sun damage and aging.





It's never to early to prevent aging - if you don't have great genes it's best - remember what you put on your skin goes in your body - so choose wisely.
I'm sorry to say, but I saw a news piece the other night that said there is not a single anti ageing cream on the market that actually works. No matter how expensive. Looking after your skin is the way to go and it sounds like you do a very good job of that.
Yes. Start when you are young. Why wait until the damage is done.
I'm afraid you will have to face up to the fact that unless science gets there first, you will get wrinkles.


With current knowledge it sounds as though you are doing the right things - it has been suggested that a sun block should be worn whenever you go out, winter as well.


There have been good reports on a new Boots product, but you will probably find it is easier to find an oil field in your back garden! Demand is outstripping supply.


Little story - the late Queen Mum was inspecting a flattering portrait of herself and obviously didn't approve of ';air brushing';. ';Where are all the lines which show that I've lived?'; she enquired.


By the way, there have been some medical queries of late about the ';drinking plenty of water'; fashion - the guy who died running the marathon this year had had a contributory factor of ';drunk too much water'; according to a Medical Consultant friend of mine.
Im 24 and i use anti ageing creams as good skin care is very important it doesnt do any harm I think just using an odinary mouisturiser in the day and anti ageing at night is the best option if your worried about using it use it 2 or 3 times a week but i cant see it doing any harm .
Well I'm 23 too and I use anti wrinkle eye creams, as a preventative. My mum has really good skin for her age and puts it done to always cleansing, toning and moisturising and using anti wrinkle creams. So I believe they must help a little, I shouldn't think they do any harm anyway.
my great grandmother is french and she has amazing skin (shes 78) and she swears its down to the care of her skin not antiaging products (she doesnt use them) she hase cleansed her skin twice a day from the age of 14 without fail, moisturised twice a day and ate well. i honostly think this is the best and most effective way of looking after your skin. i would wait until you are at leasy 30 before you start looking at the anti-aging products. enjoy the great youthful skin you have now dont worry about wrinkles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment